Sunday, November 1, 2009

Featured Brand: Unruly

I seem to be discovering so many Japanese brands suitable for mori girls lately it's crazy! My latest discovery is Unruly, which has a current collection featuring sublime layers and sometimes bizarre ideas.



Aren't these outfits just lovely? The drapes and layers feel cosy but never bulky. The first three looks are definitely achievable for mori girls who want to try to recreate the look themselves.

 

This model looks like a little ghost. I suspect that was entirely intended, and it brings out the quirkiness of these outfits wonderfully.

 

The ruffles and layers on these outfits are so comfortable looking!

 

More extreme textures for mori girls who prefer heavier layers but want to stick with light fabrics.

Image source: Unruly

Related posts:
Featured Brand: Furfur

5 comments:

  1. I really like the 4 first pictures! Before to read your blog I thought japanese fashion was just Lolita but now I feel very attracted by their sense of fashion!
    (By the way, I discovered a Korean Brand which looks rather mori-ish, yet in a much more casual-like style: PinkDiamond http://www.yesstyle.com/en/pinkdiamond/list.html/bpt.299_bid.309257. I think this: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/pinkdiamond-floral-print-sundress/info.html/pid.1021345801 and this: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/pinkdiamond-pocket-accent-stripe-pullover/info.html/pid.1021526714 look very Mori-ish!)

    Thanx again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura: Ooh, I love the striped pullover in the last link you sent. I went to Korea in the summer and loved the clothes there too.

    Rinna: Yes I wonder how they create that much volume and if those clothes are heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you've ever heard of this website:
    http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/andit/
    I frequented this site before I ever heard the term "mori". But I think the site suits the mori girl style very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete