Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yu Aoi in Spoon


Japanese magazine Spoon released two issues on mori girls featuring Yu Aoi (蒼井優), who has been hailed as the poster girl for mori girls.


Doesn't she look so cosy under all those layers? Notice the loose, even baggy silhouette, contributing to the rather asexual aura of the mori girl.



A very Victorian-looking outfit.  Yu looks like she's about to attend a tea party in the middle of the forest.

 

I think Yu encapsulates the mori girl flavour perfectly. I've always loved her unpretentious natural beauty, and her quirky style and film choices make her a bit of an anti-heroine.


Despite the greenery in the pictures, most mori girls like us actually live in more urban surroundings. There are, however, ways to find little pockets of nature in the city, and cities themselves have their own charm. We'll talk about that another time....

Related posts:
Yu Aoi collaborates with Journal Standard
Yu Aoi in Jille
Yu Aoi in Anan
Yu Aoi in Pretty Style May 2010
Featured Mori Girl: Yu Aoi
Top 20 mori girls
Yu Aoi as Hagumi Hanamoto in Honey and Clover live action movie

4 comments:

  1. She looks like an elf in the picture with a staff in the middle of forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is very nicely written and it contains many useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very neatly written article. This article gives clear idea for the new viewers. This is a topic which is close to my heart… Best wishes! 국산야동

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    국산야동

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of the most important information for me. And i am glad reading your article. 중국야동넷

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    중국야동넷

    ReplyDelete